Saturday, March 27, 2010

Not a good day to put greenhouse plastic on

We have a saying around here. It's a saying that measures the strength and brutality of the wind. We simply say it is, or, it is not a good day to put greenhouse plastic on. Last week was a good time to put greenhouse plastic on, but.... let me just say that today is not a good day to put greenhouse plastic on. Really that's anything over 5mph. We know this because we've tried. There was cussing involved. kicking the ground and shitfits! There was a time, a dark time that if a little lady had a shitfit she'd be rushed off to the sanitarium. Thank god times have changed! at least in that manner of speaking. I've had a few shitfits in my time.

Back to this ain't a good day to put greenhouse plastic on....

We are not putting greenhouse plastic on, however we are trying to plant and I am trying to put a tarp over the new chick hoop house and let me tell ya I am a woman on the verge!.....of a flipin'shitfit. The thing is, it does no good. The wind just laughs and sends in another mighty gust. I just end up on the ground sprawled out and defeated.
Otherwise it sure is a purdy day init?

Headin' off to the feed store before the thunderstorm comes rolling in, that's another fun thing to work in. Verge, I tell ya! A woman on the verge!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

We just got through 2.5 days of 40-70mph winds. My two wee hoop houses (first year I've done them) survived beautifully -- I'm so stoked. *And* I have greens that are at least a month ahead of anything I could plant outdoors. Now I want to hoop my whole garden ...

Lisa said...

Charlotte, me too! hoop houses are the way to go! all winter we had wonderful greens.