Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Timing


It has by all accounts been the wettest, muddiest February that I have experienced since I moved here in 03'. I've moaned and I've groaned, stomped my feet, thrown fits and thrown my arms up to the sky, looking for answers, looking for warmth looking for..... who the heck knows. What does a four year old's temper tantrum really achieve any way?

I laugh at myself because I know that it will all work out. I know the timing will be perfect. and onions will be planted when its time to plant which is when its time to plant. What I'm saying is its time when its time. Lettuce will grow, tomato seeds will germinate and the sun will shine. Dang it ! I know this. And I crack myself up.

I watched the lambs play together yesterday, it was hilarious. Sideways running, clumsy legs. It was so entertaining. I think I sat there for a good 25 minutes. You can imagine by the end of that I was all smiles. Lambing has started being fun and not so traumatic. The last several lambs have been born during the day with no complications. Healthy babies and mothers make me very happy! Its hard to believe I'll be kidding in three weeks. I cant wait, that is my very favorite time on the farm. I'll be happy for the milk and goat cheese again and to get back into my milking routine.

Usually when the goats are dried up waiting to kid, I get somewhat of a break. But not this year its just been work work work. I'm going to try to take a few days in a couple of weeks and visit my niece in Phoenix. She's 40 minutes from Sedona, a place I love to go and hike and get re-energized. That might be just what I need.

Looks like the sun will be joining us today. The sunrise has just begun to paint purple pink brush strokes across the sky. Time to get out and see some critters.

No comments: