Thursday, May 5, 2011

The asparagus dinner

This is the menu for the Asparagus dinner, I have tons of commentary to add but it Will have to wait, for now but......

Asparagus dinner
First
Asparagus and chevre pizzettes
Second
Asparagus and green garlic bisque
Third
Asparagus and carrot slaw with sweet and sour spring onions
For the mouth
Blueberry lime ice
Fifth
Asparagus lasagna with arugula pasta, goat milk mozzarella
sixth
Goat milk ice cream with strawberries from Three Springs Farm and and and pecan short bread

Made with much love and gratitude for our good friends Mike and Emily from Three Springs Farm, and those who have graced us with their presence at our farm table dinners, all have been such a inspiring force of inspiration for us here at Living Kitchen Farm and Dairy.

Oh my do I have a story to tell.....
But here are the wines I think my Seattle wine snobs would tell me....
Pinot noir young very fruity. (Oregon, sheeeeooosh)
Or a beefy chard (only because its not like your just picking up a piece of asparagus and eating it in that case a sauve blanc would be in order).

My disclaimer ... wait,,,,
DISCLAIMER
1:i am really tired
2: I've enjoyed a little over the limit box wine (bota)
3: do you have any idea how many tomato plants I have to put out,,,,,
4: I really should go to bed but I've had too much box wine
5: would you believe I used to be a wine snob and moved here from Seattle with several cases of my favorites???????
6: does that even matter any more?????
7: g'night
8: is any body even reading this????

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,

To answer your last question first, yes, someone is reading/listening. I love your blog. I've been following it for the last year or so; you've managed to do some amazing things and deserve to feel proud.

The menu looks great! (Apropos of nothing in particular, do you happen to have a little bit of asparagus coming in right now? ;))

I hope that the new veggies mark the beginning of an easier season for you. I was sorry to hear about all of your troubles with coyotes over the past few months.

By the way, whatever happened with the fire that you mentioned back in March? I'm sure that such a minor event has disappeared in the furor of lambing/kidding season, but I've been curious about what happened.

Best wishes for a sucessful summer.

Cassandra said...

Wow, what a menu! I love, love, love asparagus. The shortbread doesn't sound bad either. :)

You're definitely working hard and doing a fantastic job. I hope you've been able to get a little rest after you get all the tomatoes planted.