This was sent to me via a friend on face book. Notice the very small writing at the bottom, here let me help: U.S. FOOD ADMINISTRATION. The exact date is unknown to me but it's really timeless. My challenge to myself and to all of you readers is to follow these 6 simple steps for one month; 30 days. Use your food as if it had great value to you and your country and more importantly Oklahoma!. I know it seems like it's the end of the season and farmers markets are winding down, but you would be surprised how much local food will still be out there.
If you're interested in taking this challenge, here's what to do: comment, let me know you're in by Oct 1st 9am. The person who makes it through the month of October with the most creative solutions wins a farm table dinner for four here at the farm for our ' Like Water for Chocolate Dinner' (a 7 course meal inspired from the book) for Valentines- Saturday Feb 12. (this is a $200 dollar value) would make a great Christmas gift!
I'll be randomly sending out tips via facebook page.
So spread the word !
Here's what you do:
1) Leave a comment on this blog-if you can't comment here, leave a comment on our facebook page www.facebook.com/livingkitchen letting me know you're in from now until 9am Oct 1st
2) Make a plan
3) October 1st start a loose journal
4) Share your journey via our Living Kitchen facebook page www.facebook.com/livingkitchen
5) October 31st send me a 500 word or less essay of your experience, successes and failures via my e-mail email@example.com be sure to include your contact info.
6) The winner will be notified November 7th
Your essay wont be judged on quality of writing spelling, or being perfect okay, the journey!