Monday, May 10, 2010

I dare ya to come for a visit!


My brother in law came to visit last week. Haven’t seen each other since last Christmas in Seattle and although we’ve never really been close before, my sister’s death left me clinging to him. It’s funny how things like that can change your mind about someone for better or worse I suppose, but in this case for better, I think perhaps for both of us. It probably makes a difference that now I’m sort of a grown up and not up to no good all the time. I suppose that’s a matter of opinion though.
So the man flew in to Tulsa ready to spend a week relaxing on the farm.
HA!
Truth be told, he wasn’t here five minutes and helped us sort and load 6 lambs for the processor. He fixed gates, windows, doors,
built a washing station shelter,
helped slaughter 4 chickens and helped set up the electronet fence for the sheep

washed produce, bagged, tied and ate the produce,

and even mowed the yard.

He left Saturday. It’s so nice that he came for a visit. Do ya think he’ll be back?

We did eat and drink very well, had lots of good talks and laughs.

I'll miss ya bro

1 comment:

Annie said...

Haha! Love that you put him to work. I'm not sure I would return to anywhere that made me slaughter chickens on my first visit ;-)