Sunday, April 26, 2009

The wind has got me down this Sunday afternoon. I’m in desperate need of a nap and quiet which the day has not provided thus far, starting at sun up with 14 kids screaming for their milk bottles , a very loud milk goat that only quiets when you do what you are told which may be either; “get me hay”, ”get me alfalfa”, “get me water”, “give me a pet”,” milk me”, “come see what I am screaming about and pet me”. NOW!


I’ve got the ol’April hang over. With the month almost up and all the herb and plant festivals behind me I can focus on the garden, farmers market and gearing up for farm table dinners. Even though plant sales were profoundly below my expectations, I’m still keeping my head up and am going to continue to sell plants at the farmers market at Cherry Street as well as possibly the Broken Arrow market Thursday evenings.

Today was about picking up the pieces, paying bills and vacuuming up the farm dust that threatens to take the place over. Taking a nap seems to be out of the questions so I think I’ll make myself a nice French press and go inventory the greenhouse. Somehow that sounds relaxing to me.
It will be nice to get back into writing more consistently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie and I are ooh-ing and aw-ing over your kids! We want to come out and help you feed them!! We miss you!

Lost City Denise said...

Fourteen screaming kids! Yeah - the greenhouse is much more relaxing.
See ya next week at market -