Friday, November 12, 2010

Rapture

The picture above was taken this summer. Not yesterday :)


In spite of the rain and the misty day we had yesterday all went well. The catastrophes I expected did not occur and Linda, having had education in psychology and religious affairs and being the farm chaplain (I hope you don’t mind me calling you that honey) managed to talk me down. I love it when she just looks at me with that look they get, head tilted slightly and a misty unconditional love look in their eyes, you know the look, they learn it at seminary in the how to look compassionate class. But she said to me, “You seem a little on edge” and then gives me what is the most clearly logical analogy and helps me put it all in perspective. And never once did she mention Jesus or god. She’s good! I am the luckiest girl in the world! The great thing about being a farm chaplain rather than a religious one is she can put her religious background aside and give no nonsense insight and advise that is actually applicable. The best sermon is one lived not preached. I’ve said it before but I am the luckiest girl alive!



All in all it was an astounding blissfully wonderful day. I spent most of it rearranging and moving fences and sheep in utter delight. The sheep look amazing and all are bred. I’m moving them through what was the 5 acre garden plot, one acre at a time. It might be just me but they seem extremely pleased about this. Unfortunately for me it’s very overgrown so moving fences takes a lot more time than it should. In order to keep the fence charged adequately there can’t be any brush or say old corn stalks grounding it out, so out comes the measuring tape and the brush hog. I swear there are no small jobs here.



Being the compulsive list maker I am, early this morning after journal I made a list of all the things we need to do to get ready for the blizzard/ice storm/freezing temps/tornado/tsunami/hurricane/alien invasion. I feel good about it and I’ll start right away. And because I was in such a mood to write lists I actually made a list of the things I want to do this winter, including my reading list. Most of my reading will be about cooking and food. I need to get reconnected with the spirit of cuisine. I’m feeling a little lack luster in that department and want to really get the creative energy fired up. I’m going to start now on the reading list. I’ll be finished with ‘Hit by a Farm”, by Catherine Friend in a day or so. That is a funny book and remarkably closes to our own experience. Kind of freaky really, anyway……..



So I’m feeling like the end times might be a little further away than I thought, but there’s nothing like being prepared right?

No comments: